Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fancy Lunch! Avocado and Tuna Salad

I had a bunch of avocados that need eating so I did a Pinterest search and came up with some great sounding recipes. This one was one I could make for lunch today. I adapted the idea to my own taste and what I had on hand.

I used:
  • 1 (very) ripe avocado
  • 1 can chunk light tuna in water
  • 2 tbs chopped roasted peppers
  • 2 dashes Frank's Hot Sauce
  • 1 tbs mayonnaise
  • squeeze from 1 lime wedge

Scoop out the avocado meat and save the shells. Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl, mashing to combine the tuna and avocado and scoop into the avocado shells (or into fancy cups or delicious bread). Alternatively, you could dice the avocado and added it to the prepared tuna salad, stirring carefully so as to preserve the chunks. This makes 2 servings for small appetites.  I ate one half and my dad had the other. 

Some other suggestions for add-ins:
  • cilantro
  • chopped water chestnuts
  • sun-dried tomatoes
  •  pickles (sweet or dill)
  • a tablespoon of salsa (the kind with corn would be appropriate)





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and contributions. Rude posts and spam will be immediately deleted.